The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of virtual servers and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that virtual servers, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, customers, and partners..
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in all pre-production and production environments. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing, rolling-out the solutions and supporting the solutions.
A Day in the Life:
- Follow company best practices and runbooks to resolve highly complex availability, capacity, security and performance issues
- Prepare technical documentation, migration procedure documents
- Collaborate with internal support and engineering teams to uncover opportunities for improvement
- Monitor infrastructure overall performance
- Collaborate with senior team members
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3+ years of Windows server administration experience.
- 1+ year experience in a 24x7 environment.
- Experience with MSSQL a plus
- AWS Administration a plus
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation and occasionally work evenings or weekends
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
The Application Process:
- Fill out the online application form.
- Fill out a career history form.
- We'll give you a call (45/60 minutes).
- You'll come to our office for a skills assessment and aptitude test.
- Finally, you'll meet other team members for individual interview(s).
- If we think you're a fit, we'll make an offer.